Dad jokes are a hack for easy giggles, no doubt.
Whether to combat the boredom of waiting in a line, lighten the mood during homework, or break up the monotony of a road trip — dad jokes come to save the day.
Benefits of Dad Jokes
Dad jokes are good for you, and your kids!
I know I’m preaching to the choir, and you’re already sold on dad jokes, but just in case you need more defense to tell dad jokes all day err day, here’s some scientific evidence.
First, science shows that laughter is good for your health! Dad joke or not, everyone benefits from that belly laugh. It’s the best medicine. Second, there are two clear benefits of dad jokes researchers found in a study published by the British Psychological Society.
Dad jokes are good for your kids for 2 main reasons:
- It shows them a father figure’s willingness to embarrass himself repeatedly.
- It subconsciously teaches kids to be alright with awkwardness and how to respond to it.
Take that to the bank, kiddos!
Intro to Dad Joke Books
It’s time to really embrace the phenomenon of hilarious and corny dad jokes. But, maybe you don’t feel equipped and need some inspiration. If that’s the case, fair enough, and I got you. This listing of dad jokes books is for you!
Books with pages and pages of dad jokes are no doubt one of my favorite dad hacks. Keep it next to your desk, pluck a good one for the day/week/weekend, and relish in the joke telling. The laughs will come, and you’ll be winning dad-hood with every snort and giggle.
OK, before I get into this listing of books you can buy loaded with dad jokes, let’s be clear about two things:
- This article is NOT a listing of dad jokes
- This article IS a listing of books that include dad jokes
Got it? Cool.
Dad Jokes about Books
I know I just said I wasn’t going to list out individual jokes here.
However, given the context and theme of this article, I have to share a few dad jokes about books. It just seemed right.
Here are a few of my favorite dad jokes about books:
- “Today my son asked me, ‘Can I have a bookmark’? I burst into tears — he’s 12 years old and still doesn’t know my name!”
- “I’m reading a book about antigravity. It’s impossible to put down!”
- “Want to hear a joke about a piece of paper? Never mind . . . it’s tearable.”
- “I just finished this book about Mount Everest. It was a cliffhanger.”
- “I had plans to begin reading a book about sinkholes, but they fell through.”
- “Why does an elephant use his trunk as a bookmark? So he NOSE where he stopped reading.”
- “Why did the book go to the doctor? Someone broke its spine.”
OK, outta my system. 🙂 Let’s now quickly discuss why you might need a dad joke book!
Reasons to Buy a Dad Joke Book
I know what you’re thinking.
But Eric, a quick Google search gives me all the dad jokes I want!
I get it. I’m not suggesting you stop doing that. There’s always a time and a place to quickly grab a dad joke from a random website. What I am suggesting is that you add to your repertoire with a physical book!
Here are 7 reasons to buy a Dad Joke book:
- No More Recycled Jokes. Many websites listing dad jokes repeat/share the same jokes over and over.
- Curated Content. Dad joke books are often curated collections of well-thought-out and carefully selected jokes.
- No Ads or Distractions. Websites may be cluttered with ads, pop-ups, or unrelated content, which can detract from the humor experience.
- Shared Experience. Owning a dad jokes book can be a fun and shareable experience. You can read the jokes out loud to family and friends, creating moments of shared laughter and bonding.
- Science says it’s better. There are scientific benefits to reading printed books. If you want to become a master of dad jokes, buy a small book you can touch and reference easily and quickly.
- Nostalgia and Keepsake. Physical books can hold sentimental value, and owning a dad jokes book may become a cherished keepsake, especially if it has a personal inscription or is gifted to you by someone special.
- Appreciating Authors. By purchasing dad joke books, you support authors and publishers who put effort into creating entertaining content.
Do you need a handy book loaded with dad jokes? Of course, you do. Treat this book like every other book, which means highlighting, scribbling thoughts, and underlining the heck out of it.
Now that you’re convinced, here are some buying tips.
Tips for Buying a Dad Joke Book
Here are 4 tips for choosing the best dad joke book.
- Humor style. Dad jokes can vary in style, ranging from puns and wordplay to clever one-liners. Look for a book that aligns with your preferred comedic style.
- Content variety. Check if the book offers a wide range of joke categories or themes. This can include jokes about animals, professions, sports, or specific situations. Having a diverse selection can keep the humor fresh and prevent it from becoming repetitive.
- Size & Length. Consider the size and length of the book. Some dad joke books are small and compact, making them convenient for carrying around or leaving on a coffee table for quick laughs.
- Check reviews. Duh. I’m sure there are some really generic dad joke books out there, do some quick due diligence.
Onward we go to the listing of books you can buy that’ll give you endless ideas for dad jokes!
Listing of Dad Joke Books
Here are some of the best dad joke books available to purchase, categorized by:
Books with Dad Jokes + more
Some of these books offer more than just jokes. For example, this one offers this handy “Dad Joke Scoring Card” — how practical!
Books with Unique Dad Jokes
A John Wayne-themed dad joke book? Holy smokes. One for Grandpas? Winner winner chicken dinner.
Books with Dirty Dad Jokes
If your audience is young kids, stay away from these books. However, if your kids are old enough and can tolerate an inappropriate dirty dad joke — buy one of these!
Books with Great Design of Dad Jokes
If the design of the book is important buying criteria, buy one of these. The Dad Jokes: Wonderfully Bad Jokes option actually illustrates each joke — amazing detail.
Books with Great Organization of Dad Jokes
Need some structure to learn new dad jokes? Here’s one organized by 9 categories (e.g. Weirdest, Most Embarrassing, Dorkiest)
Books with 100+ Dad Jokes
For dads needing more diversity but still want carefully curated jokes, here are books with 100+ dad jokes.
Books with 500+ Dad Jokes
Here are books with 500 or more dad jokes! This is a wealth of options, you’ll certainly find what you’re looking for in these.
Books with 1,000+ Dad Jokes
Quantity over quality? Go REALLY big and get 1,000 or more dad jokes in these books!
Stuff to help with telling your Dad Jokes
Not books, but if you REALLY want to up your dad jokes game — this other stuff may just do the trick.
Also, don’t miss our awesome listing of dad jokes coffee mugs!
Dad’s Final Thoughts
Dad jokes are timeless. Whether your kid is 4, or 40, a well-timed corny dad joke will always be awesome and received with laughter.
Pair your Googling for dad jokes with a physical book and you’ll elevate your Dad status from amateur to legend! (well, in your own mind that is).
Now go crack some jokes!
Got sumpin' to say? Let's discuss!
You got this, Dad!
Can you win at Dadhood AND everywhere else in life? I'm just crazy enough to believe we can. With the right knowledge, hacks, habits, and motivation — we can crush it ALL!
Eric Sharp is the founder of Healthy Dad Hacks. He married the love of his life (Sarah) and proud Dad of a blended family (Hazel & Roman). When not thinking about being a better Dad, he enjoys; CrossFit, entrepreneurship, eating carnivore, collecting Michael Jordan sports cards, music, and fancy sneakers.
[Picture: Turkey Trot 2021]